Curious about the 5 best movie character names? Well-written movie characters don't allow audiences to forget them—even more so if they have stand-out names. These movie characters have five of the best movie character names in cinema history.
- Holly Golightly. Okay, so Holly Golightly actually started her fictional life as a character in Truman Capote's novella “Breakfast at Tiffany's,” but no matter. Holly Golightly managed to skip her way onto the five best movie character names list with the same sorrowful grace that she skipped into and out of Paul Varjack's heart. Moviegoers fell in the love with the character, played by Audrey Hepburn. Holly—originally Holiday Golightly—pronounced herself a wild thing and free spirit, but was really a runner—from Tulip, Texas, New York, from her life. As Paul Varjack exclaimed in the movie's last scene, “No matter where you run, you just end up running into yourself.”
- Tyler Durden. It's impossible to think of the movie “Fight Club” without thinking of Tyler Durden. Tyler Durden made fighting respectable again in a naughty, illegal street fighting kind of way. This movie character is for anyone who ever wanted to break out from his routine life of selling soap to become the beaten-to-a-pulp king of the mountain.
- Indiana Jones. Who couldn't like a character whose view on life can be summed in four words—“Everybody's lost, but me.” Indiana Jones burned himself into the American (and world) collective consciousness the minute he cracked that whip. With his fedora set squarely on his head, and four movies plus a TV series, video games and theme parks, this character is “like a bad penny.” He always turns up.
- Hannibal “The Cannibal” Lecter. Some names just fit a character. Hannibal “The Cannibal” Lecter is one of them. His name left no doubt in moviegoers' minds just exactly what he was about. From his masked face to his creepy—and funny—one line quips, this is one character who'll eat your heart out. The Cannibal definitely ranks as one of the five best movie characters' names.
- Jason Bourne. Good movie character names sometimes offer a psychological profile into the person they're representing. Jason Bourne, the hero of the “Bourne Identity” series, couldn't be more aptly named. The man with the forgotten past chases after himself movie after movie in order to discover who he is—he is, on a number of levels, trying to be born, or re-born, again.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?