Interested in checking out the 5 best movies about serial killers? Sure, it‘s a creepy topic, but it‘s something that fascinates people around the world. Every year, new movies are released about these depraved human stalkers and serial murderers, and we still can‘t get enough! Whether you enjoy fact or fiction, be sure to check out the best movies about serial killers. You may be creeped out, but you won‘t be disappointed.
- "The Silence of the Lambs," starring Anthony Hopkins and Jodie Foster: If you enjoy great mind-bending thrillers, you'll definitely want to check out the movie that seems to creep to the top of everyone's list of best serial killer movies. Starring Anthony Hopkins and Jodie Foster, "Silence of the Lambs" won 5 Academy Awards, telling the tale of a young FBI agent who tries to enlist the help of criminally insane psychiatrist (and known cannibal) Hannibal Lecter, when she's placed on a case involving another dangerous serial killer. While trying to free a girl from a killer's clutches, will she fall victim herself?
- "Psycho," starring Anthony Perkins and Vera Miles: This movie was redone in the '90s, but the original black and white tale of creepy mama's boy, Norman Bates, remains a classic favorite and one of the top serial killer movies of all time. Filmed in the 1960s, this amazing film was directed by the master of mystery, horror and suspense, Alfred Hitchcock. While the fashion and quality may be a bit dated, the intensity of this film is timeless.
- "Texas Chain Saw Massacre," starring Gunnar Hansen as Leatherface: Considered to be the greatest horror movie of all time, the fictitious "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" is one of those twisted serial killer movies about strange and creepy families in the deep south. When a group of 5 teenagers go to visit their grandfather's grave, they find themselves face-to-face with a family of crazed and demented cannibals that are determined to make them the main course at the family BBQ.
- "Saw," starring Leigh Whannell, Cary Elwes and Danny Glover: If you think the best serial killer movies are the ones that contain lots of surprises, twists and turns, you'll definitely be interested in "Saw" and the mysteriously brilliant "Jigsaw" killer. The movie starts with two men chained at opposite sides of a dirty and abandoned public bathroom. Between them is a dead body that clutches clues as to why they're there. One of the men will have to kill the other by a set time, or else his family dies. It's amazing to see what the men are capable of and what they will endure, just to be the last man standing.
- "Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer," starring Michael Rooker: Supposedly based on the confessions and true life story of serial killer Henry Lee Lucas, "Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer" is a dark and dismal journey into the disturbing recesses of a depraved mind. While there are lots of other films that are more gory and have better effects, this portrait of a serial killer is a disturbing peek into the mind of a beast that lacks all hint of a conscience. If you enjoy true-story serial killer movies, be sure to check this one out. It's a must-see.
Interesting to note is that many people often believe that the movie "Monster," the story of real-life killer Aileen Wuornos, should be listed as one of the best movies about serial killers. There is a great deal of debate, however, about whether or not Wuornos was truly a serial killer, or if she was just an opportunistic murderess. Due to the controversy surrounding this debate, "Monster" earns an honorable mention in our list of the 5 best movies about serial killers. It's one of those films that you have to watch and draw your own conclusion from, but it's definitely worth watching.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.