5 Best Movies Like 'Prince Caspian' Released On DVD
The 5 best movies like “Prince Caspian” released on DVD include some of the best fantasy movies made over the past 10 years. Based on a famous book, “Caspian” is a flight of fantasy, taking its characters into other worlds, on fantastic adventures. This is a popular genre with a large audience, and many great films have been made that are similar to “Caspian.”
- “The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.” Perhaps the most obvious example of movies like “Prince Caspian” released on DVD is this one, the first in the series. This movie introduced us to the Pevensie family of Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy, the children who will star in the first several films in the series. The children find their way to Narnia, where the learn of the evil of the White Witch and the power and mystical regality of Aslan, the lion. A major final battle settles the difference between good and evil in this Christian allegory.
- “Bridge to Terabithia.” This film, one of the best movies like “Prince Caspian” released on DVD, was made in 2007 and based on a popular young adult novel. Jesse and Leslie are the main characters in this movie, and they create a fantasy world called “Terabithia” where they spend hours in adventure. The film made well over $100 million dollars, was well received by critics and audiences alike, and won several awards.
- “The Lord of the Rings.” This is actually three movies, released separately but telling a long story arc. Also based on books, this trilogy consists of “The Fellowship of the Ring,” “The Two Towers,” and “The Return of the King” and are some of the best movies like “Prince Caspian” released on DVD.” The movies tell the story of Frodo, a hobbit who is trying to return an enchanted ring to the land of Mordor, against seemingly insurmountable odds.
- “Clash of the Titans.” This 2010 movie was a remake of an early 80’s film and is one of the best movies like “Prince Caspian” released on DVD. The film follows Perseus in this mythical story. Perseus must battle a series of formidable opponents, including Medusa and the infamous sea monster, the Kraken.
- “The Last Airbender.” This 2010 film is one of the movies like “Prince Caspian” released on DVD, available for rent in November. This movie is based on a TV series and follows the character Aang, who has the ability to bend all four elements. Aang leads a battle against the character Zuko, of Fire Nation. The movie made over $300 million worldwide and was released in 3-D at the theaters. The movie is the first in a planned trilogy.