5 Best Muscle Building Supplements
The 5 best muscle building supplements consist of legal and readily available foods, shakes and vitamins. Muscle building supplements can be located online and in local nutrition stores and grocery stores. Nutrition stores may offer a greater variety of muscle building supplements and, perhaps, better quality supplements than those at your grocery super store. Read the labels carefully when choosing muscle building supplements.
- Protein makes up the majority of your muscles coupled with water, so ingesting high levels of protein makes sense. Foods high in protein, such as fish, lean beef, chicken, egg whites and protein shakes will provide plenty of amino acids, which are important to muscle building.
- Shakes and meal replacements contains high protein and other additives to aid in muscle growth. There are two basic kinds of supplements: fast-acting whey drinks, which quickly absorbs into your body and Casein and egg drinks, which digest slowly and feed your muscles over time.
- L-glutamine provides high levels of amino acids, which are the building blocks of protein and, in turn, muscle growth. This is another powder supplement that can be added to meals or shakes. Use L-glutamine before heavy workouts to provide yourself with plenty of energy.
- Complex carbohydrates and healthy fats provide the energy to pump iron. These are burners that are used to keep the body energized and produce longer and stronger pulls. This can be found in several food groups including whole wheat pastas and breads.
- Water is the final ingredient. Believe it or not, water is a supplement for muscle building. Since your muscles are made up of almost 80 percent water, it is an excellent idea to keep them hydrated.