The 5 best NCAA College Baseball teams fought hard to retain their standings this season. With four out of the five best NCAA College Baseball teams hailing from southern part of the U.S, the rest of the country has been put on notice.
- University of South Carolina – The Gamecocks proved they were the best NCAA college baseball team last season. With a strong returning lineup, Coach Ray Tanner hopes to lead the team to a repeat in 2011. His NCAA baseball team at the University of South Carolina remains one of the premier models of college baseball programs.
- University of Florida – Kevin O'Sullivan plans on molding the Gators into the best NCAA college baseball team in the country. If he can succeed, it will be their first Southeastern Conference title since 2005
- University of California, Los Angeles – The Bruins have strong expectations to be the best NCAA baseball team this year. They stand a good chance with returning pitchers Gerrit Cole and Trevor Bauer leading the team. Both players give them the depth they need in the bullpen.
- Texas Christian University – The Horned Frogs are looking for a championship win this year. They have a good shot with Jim Schlossnagle returning for his eighth season as head baseball coach. He holds the distinction of leading the team to more wins than any other coach in TCU history. This may give them the edge they need to become the best NCAA baseball team this season.
- Florida State University – Senior Mike McGee, preseason All-American nominee, will attempt to lead the Seminoles to a championship win this season. With fifteen new players on the roster, the new blood may work to their favor. This may be the year the Seminoles finally gain recognition as the best NCAA baseball team in the country.
These teams have realistic hopes of making a title run. It is not always the team with the best pitchers or the best hitters that win the championship. The best NCAA college baseball team will be won by the team with the most heart.