5 Best New Orleans Hornets Players of All Time
The 5 best New Orleans Hornets players of all time is actually a pretty impressive group of talent, at least compared to franchises that are as young as the Hornets. Since 1988, the Charlotte and New Orleans Hornets franchise has had limited success. With one Hall of Fame player and some almost there or in the making, the 5 best New Orleans Hornets players of all time is considerable in the short history of the franchise.
- Robert Parish. Known for his years with the Celtic and Bulls, for his four rings, Parish is a Hall of Fame player who played a couple of years for the Charlotte Hornets. At 7' 1/2" size and relative speed, Parish is probably the best player to ever put on a Hornets jersey (though definitely not a "New Orleans" jersey, with Pete Maravich of the New Orleans Jazz).
- Alonzo Mourning. Mourning played a few seasons in Charlotte before making his mark in Miami. The seven-time All-Star may find his way into the Hall of Fame, though we will see with this debated topic. A true center on both ends of the floor, Mourning was a talented player and easily makes the 5 best New Orleans Hornets players of all time list.
- Chris Paul. The young career of Chris Paul is expected to do big things, as easily one of the best point guards in the NBA today. Paul continues to add to his honors and awards, both in the NBA and in the Olympics.
- Glen Rice. Glen Rice ranks fifth in NBA history in three-point field goals in his 15 years. Playing a few years for Charlotte, Rice has captured a number of awards and highlights in the six franchises he has played for, as well as his achievements in the NCAA.
- Baron Davis. The two-time all star continues to play well in the NBA, as he has moved on from his days in Charlotte and New Orleans from 1999-2005. The talent of Davis is impressive, with his play-making and all-around ability at the point guard position. Leading Charlotte to playoffs in back-to-back years, Davis has never really had the supporting cast to make a run at a championship.