Ever wonder what the 5 best NFL draft classes ever were? Well, you are about to find out. These draft classes provided an extreme amount of either Pro-Bowlers or Hall-of-Famers.
- 2002 NFL draft. This draft was one of the best defensive classes in modern day football. The draft included two of the best defensive ends in the NFL (Peppers, Freeney), three Pro Bowl defensive backs, one of which is a Hall Of Famer (Lito, Reed, Williams), a dominant defensive tackle (Haynesworth) and two of the most versatile running backs around (Westbrook, Portis). If this draft is left off anyones list for one of the five best draft classes, then disregard it.
- 1999 NFL draft. This was a hard draft to not select a Pro Bowler in the first round. This draft was so deep it had close to half of all first rounders make a Pro Bowl. This draft produced offensive juggernauts Donovan McNabb, Torry Holt, Edgerrin James and Ricky Williams, and might be the best ever regarding skill position players.
- 2005 NFL draft. The verdict is not completely out on this draft class yet, but it has produced a few of the modern NFL's best running backs, including Frank Gore, Marion Barber, Ronnie Brown, Cedric Benson and Carnell Williams. This draft produced five starting running backs, making it one of the best running back drafts the NFL has seen yet.
- 2003 NFL draft. This is one of the best drafts ever because of how many dominating players came out of it. So far a top-five corner back has come out of this draft (Asante Samuels), a top-five tight end (Jason Witten), a top-five defensive end (Osi Umenyiora), and a top-five wide receiver (Andre Johnson). That is a lot of top fives coming out of this best draft class.
- 2001 NFL draft. If you thought the 1999 draft was one of the best because it was deep, wait until you see this one. Of the 31 players taken in round one, only fifteen did not make a Pro Bowl, which is under 50%. This draft included the game's most electrifying player (Mike Vick), the best running back in the NFL (Ladanian Tomlinson), the most recent Super Bowl champ (Drew Brees), four of the biggest name wide receivers (Chad Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Steve Smith, TJ Houshmanzadeh) and one of the greatest receiving tight ends ever (Alge Crumple). This draft might actually be the best ever.
Some of these draft classes were good because they were deep, others were not so deep but just produced a few stars, but all five of these draft classes were among the best.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.