5 Best NFL Draft Steals
These are the five best NFL draft steals of all time. You've heard of getting value for the pick, but these guys gave a ridiculous amount of value when no one expected them to even contribute.
- Donald Driver- Donald Driver is a wide receiver for the Green Bay Packers. He was selected in round seven of the NFL draft and almost instantly became Brett Favre's most reliable target on the field. Donald Driver is definitely worthy of being considered one of the best steals.
- Jeremiah Trotter-Trotter was taken by the Philadelphia Eagles in the third round. He then proceeded to dominate for them season after season until he decided to sign with the Redskins. After a short stint there he returned to Philly where he dominated again and cemented his status as a top five steal in the draft.
- Steve Smith-One of the best wide receivers in the NFL today, Smith slipped all the way to the third round. Many said he was too small to be successful in they NFL, but he proved all the doubters wrong and is a shoe in for the hall of fame once he retires.
- Tom Brady-The man who has led the New England Patriots into dynasty mode actually was not taken until round six in the 2000 NFL draft. He is arguably the best quarter back of all time, but not so arguably one of the best sleeper picks in the draft ever.
- Brian Dawkins-A shoe in for the Hall Of Fame, considered one of the greatest ever at his position, the only safety to score three touchdowns in a game, and possibly the biggest sleeper ever, Dawkins cemented his status as a legend in Philadelphia by leading one of the NFL's greatest defenses ever for over a decade, and racking up over 1000 tackles in his still active career. Can you believe he made it to the second round?
These are five of the biggest and best sleepers the NFL has ever seen. Of course there will be more sleepers in the future but these ones are the best to step on the field so far.