Here are five of the best Nicole Kidman movies. One of the most celebrated actresses of the day, Kidman has proved her worth in multiple genres. With multiple nominations and staying power that has kept her at the top for almost ten years, Kidman is one of the most celebrated actresses in Hollywood today, without the scandals.
- "Moulin Rouge" (2001). The movie that proved Kidman could sing, dance, and act. She was nominated for an Oscar for Best Actress in a Leading Role for this film, and this movie remains one of her best. Kidman plays the star courtesan of the club Moulin Rouge, who falls in love with the poet Christian. They fight for their love even as Kidman’s character faces something much more dangerous than an obsessed suitor. Definitely one of Kidman’s best movies.
- "The Hours" (2002). She won the Oscar for Best Actress in a Leading Role for this movie, and it had nothing to do with the prosthetic nose she sported. Kidman’s stirring performance was as the troubled Virginia Woolf, whose book guides two other generations of women as well as herself, and who faces the question of whether or not to change their lives dramatically for happiness or to enjoy the happiness they already have. This may be Kidman’s best movie ever.
- "The Others" (2001). One of the few horror movies Kidman has done and certainly one of the best and smartest in the genre. She won the Saturn Award for Best Actress in this movie, wherein she played a mother who believed her home was haunted only to learn that she and her family are the ones haunting it. Kidman’s best horror movie.
- "Birth" (2004). She was nominated for a Saturn Award for Best Actress for her performance in this movie. Aside from sporting a somewhat terrifyingly short hair cut, Kidman turned out one of her best performances as a woman who comes to believe that a ten year old boy is the reincarnation of her husband who has been dead for ten years. Twisted and shocking and definitely one of Kidman’s best movies.
- "Margot At The Wedding" (2007). This is a somewhat twisted tale of two sisters: one about to be married and the other out to undermine the wedding. Kidman plays Margot, the sister trying to undermine the wedding because she doesn’t like the soon-to-be husband. A tale of a bitter family with serious communication problems, this is one of Kidman’s best movies.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."