The 5 best Nike long distance running shoes are difficult to choose because Nike makes more than just 5 great shoes for long distance running. Nike is a company that has gone above and beyond in revolutionizing running shoes. The advanced and insightful technology that comes out of the Nike laboratory is unlike any other company that tries to produce the same product. Nike will continue to improve and reinvent the perfect long distance running shoes as long as there are runners looking for the best shoes.
- The Nike Air Max is one of the best long distance running shoes made by Nike. The Air Max is made with a special Air Technology foam cushioning that makes the shoe feel like you are running on air. The shoe has a full length air cushioning unit that has a springy resilience. The forefoot flexibility gives your feet a more natural feel while long distance running.
- The Nike Air Pegasus is a classic Nike running shoe. These are a perfect neutral cushioning choice if you have an underpronated or overpronated gait. This is a tried and true long distance running shoe that has great durability, comfort and support.
- The Nike LunarGlide is another great long distance running shoe. A special Lunarlon cushioning provides excellent shock absorption and responsiveness for every step you take. The shoe is made with a wedge of foam on the backside of the mid-sole that offers pronation support for those who need support.
- The Nike Shox Turbo running shoes are for building endurance on the streets or trails. Nike Shox provide the ultimate cushioning comfort for the long distance runner. They have a flexible mid-sole cushioning, and a sock liner that conforms to the shape of your foot for added comfort and support.
- The Nike Zoom Vomero is an improved long distance running shoe from Nike. The weight of the shoe has been significantly reduced and the upper part now uses a no-sew technique to reduce irritation and wrap your feet in complete comfort. This is a great shoe for a runner who has underpronated feet to a runner with a neutral gait. The Vomero +5 now uses a technology to keep your heel from slipping forward in that long distance run.