The 5 best noise cancellation headphones (also called noise canceling headphones) are headphones that are committed to one, common cause. That is the cause of lessening unwanted ambient noise-which are known better as acoustic noise-through the technology of active noise control. This technology uses the process of producing anti-noise signals from microphones close to the ear and taking advantage of destructive interference to, once and for all, remove unwanted noise.
- JVC HANC250 High-Grade Noise-Canceling Headphones. Due to their advanced design that promises noise reduction up to 85 percent, these JVC noise cancellation headphones make it to our number one spot. With an ultra-lightweight construction that makes them weigh only 5.3 ounces, memory foam earpads with included cushion, and extra insulation that comes by way of a double-housing design, the JVC HANC250 headphones are your best bet for noise cancellation when you listen to music.
- Sony MDRNC7/BLK Noise Canceling On-ear Headphones. These babies claim to lessen noise by an even better 87.4 percent, but they do not have the benefit of extra insulation that helps to reduce noise even further. Still, these Sony noise cancellation headphones are light and treat your ears to powerful sound courtesy of the neodymium magnet. These Sony headphones even give you the option to use the noise canceling feature or not.
- Denon AH-NC732 Active Noise Canceling Headphones. This pair of Denon noise cancellation headphones reduces noise up to a whopping, and almost unheard of, greater than 95 percent. However, this pair of headphones only sits at number three on our countdown because it is expensive as heck, easily double and triple the price of the first two on this list. Another great feature of this pair of headphones is that its life is long-lasting: one AAA battery guarantees you 40 hours of battery life.
- Audio-Technica ATH-ANC7B Active Noise-Canceling Closed Back Headphones. This pair of noise cancellation headphones comes in at number four . Its earcups easily fit over your ear because of their nicely cushioned padding. The next time you want to listen to your iPod, pop these babies over your ear and be transported to your own, undisturbed world of musical clarity and enjoyment.
- Bose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Canceling Headphones. The Bose Quiet Comfort Noise Canceling Headphones sit at the fifth spot on our list because of their Quiet Comfort technology. This technology helps you to hear less noise than ever while hearing more of your favorite movies and music.