Fans of the movie will recognize these 5 best "The Notebook" movie quotes. This is a great movie for date night. It’s a 2004 romantic drama based on the novel by Nicholas Sparks. The movie tells of an elderly man, Duke (James Garner), reading a book to a fellow nursing home resident, Allie (Gena Rowlands). The story is of Noah (Ryan Gosling) and Allie (Rachel McAdams) who fall in love during a summer romance but their different social statuses tear them apart. Later, they find each other again; Allie leaves the man she is supposed to marry for Noah. As Duke reads it, is revealed that the story is about him and Allie. Allie suffers from dementia and Duke reads their love story to her in hopes that she will remember him. At the end of the movie, Allie remembers who he is and the two fall sleep together and pass in peace.
- "I think our love can do anything we want it to." Duke This is said to the older Allie after it is revealed that the story he has been reading is about them and for a brief moment, Allie finds clarity from the fog in her mind cause by the dementia.
- "I want all of you, forever, you and me, every day." Noah This is said to Allie after she comes back to him after seven years. This is a powerful moment in the movie. Allie is torn between Noah and her fiancé and is about to leave Noah again. In a moment of desperation, Noah says this to her.
- "Look, guys. That's my sweetheart in there. I'm not leaving her. This is my home now. Your mother is my home." Duke This is said to his adult children that come to visit him at the nursing home. His children are concerned that his pursuit to help Allie remember him is having a negative effect on his health. This statement is a beautiful testament to the love that Allie and Noah share.
- "You gotta be kiddin' me. All this time, that's what I been missin'?" Allie She says this to Noah right after they make love for the first time after seven years. It’s one of the funniest parts of the movie.
- "I am no one special, just a common man with common thoughts. I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me, and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect, I've succeeded as gloriously as anyone who ever lived. I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and for me, that has always been enough." Duke This is said as part of the narration. This quote sums up the message of the movie perfectly; the people we love are the most important part of our lives.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.