If you’re looking for something great to do in the state of Ohio, you might want to look to the 5 best Ohio weekend getaways. These destinations are packed with fun and excitement for the whole family, and also the special somebody. It’s okay if you’re having trouble finding the best Ohio weekend getaways. Made Manual has you covered!
- Spend your next weekend getaway on the shores of Lake Michigan! You could spend the entire weekend with your loved ones strolling the sands and beaches of the beautiful Lake Michigan, and perusing the various features of the land that you’ll pass along the way including many hotels and lodging options, beautiful restaurants, shopping malls, sightseeing attractions, and so much more.
- Go back in time, and experience the history and most popular inventions made right in Dayton, Ohio. For starters, you can check out the numerous museums dedicated to aviation and flight, the art museums and theaters, beautiful and historical venues for performers, the Oregon District, and so much more. Most of everything is within just a two hour drive from the city of Columbus, so if you live near Dayton, this option is very doable.
- Excite your friends and family with a little stay at Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio! Book you and your loved ones a hotel for the weekend in the Sandusky area, because this weekend getaway is going to be a wild one! Cedar Point is one of the most highly acclaimed amusement parks in the country, and there’s a reason why. With its colossal amount of popular rides and rollercoaster as well as perpetual classics such as bumper cars, log rides, ferris wheels and more, Cedar Point is the go-to place for fun in the Ohio area.
- Treat your friends and family to an exciting weekend in the Lake Erie Islands. Since you’ll need to travel to the islands by water, you can begin your fantastic weekend with a refreshing ferry ride from Sandusky, Ohio or Port Clinton to the islands. Once you get there, you’ll never want to come back. The Lake Erie Islands offer offers a historical atmosphere that’s hard to leave once you’ve settled in. Here there are loads of things to do including sailing, boating, touring attractions, eating in restaurants at the water’s edge, and so much more.
- If you live in northern Ohio, it may be worth it for you and your honey to travel to the Kerr House Spa in Grand Rapids, Ohio. Based in a restored mansion, you can enjoy the finer things in life with only the people you came with. Laurie Hostetler owns the spa, and caters to a maximum of 8 guests at a time in the resort. Because of this, you can look forward to a personalized and very exhilarating weekend full of pampering.