Here are the 5 best over-the-counter acne products. You can treat mild cases with over-the-counter acne products. If you have acne, you should treat it immediately. If you do not treat it, your condition may get worse. If you use any of these over-the-counter acne products, your skin condition should improve.
- Proactiv: Proactiv is one of the best over-the-counter acne products. Proactiv contains benzoyl peroxide, which is found in many lotions, cleansers, and creams. Benzoyl peroxide kills the bacteria that causes acne breakouts. It is also effective for unclogging the pores and reducing inflammation on the skin.
- Clearasil Medicated Blemish Cream: This product is one of the best over-the-counter acne products and it contains resorcinol and sulfur. These ingredients are found together in many acne products. Resorcinol prevents comedones and removes the build-up of dead skin cells. Sulfur is a popular acne treatment and people have been using it to treat acne for many years. Although it is not clear how sulfur works, it is effective for reducing excess oil and treating blemishes.
- Noxema Anti-Acne Gel: Noxema Anti-Acne Gel is one of the best over-the-counter acne products and it contains salicylic acid. Salicylic acid reduces pore blockages and it is effective for preventing acne breakouts. This ingredient is effective for treating whiteheads and blackheads. You can find salicylic in lotions, cleansers, and acne-fighting pads.
- Tyrosum Liquid Acne Skin Cleanser: Tyrosum Liquid Acne Skin Cleanser is one of the best over-the-counter acne products and it contains acetone and alcohol. Acetone and alcohol are usually found together in many acne-fighting products. These ingredients are effective for treating oily skin. Acetone removes oil from the skin, and alcohol reduces bacteria that causes acne. Acetone and alcohol are found in many astringents, cleansers, and toners.
- Oxy Cleansing Pads Acne Treatment Maximum: This product is also one of the best over-the-counter acne products and it is recommended by pharmacists. This acne treatment product prevents and treats pimples and it unclogs the pores. It contains salicylic acid and it is effective for removing oil and dirt from the skin.
According to the National Institutes of Health, if you use over-the-counter acne products, it may take up to eight weeks before you notice an improvement. If you do not see an improvement with these 5 best over-the-counter acne products, you should consult with your doctor.
Resources: National Institutes of Health: Acne
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?