If you are suffering the nausea, the fever and the aches and pains that go along with the flu, you may be wondering what the 5 best over-the-counter flu medicines are. Over-the-counter flu medicines are the easiest and the least expensive medications to take for the flu, and often times they are just as good as those that we can get from our physicians. Here is a brief look at the 5 best over-the-counter flu medicines:
- Acetaminophen. You can get this over-the-counter flu medicine in many forms, such as pills and capsules and easy-to-swallow tablets. It can help tame the pain and body aches that are usually associated with the flu. It can also help bring down a fever. Remember to follow the instructions when it comes to dosage and to be careful to keep this product out of reach of children.
- Robitussin Cough Gels. These are great when you are suffering from a cough as a result of your flu. This over-the-counter flu medicine actually helps to suppress your cough, and the tablets are long-lasting.
- Mucinex. Mucinex can be bought by prescription or as an over-the-counter medication. It works as an expectorant, which can help you cough up the mucus that can become trapped in your sinuses as a result of the flu.
- 4-Way Nasal Four. This over-the-counter flu medicine is a nasal spray that works in all four areas of your nasal cavities. It helps nasal congestion, helps to shrink swollen membranes and helps to relieve the pressure and congestion in your nasal cavities. Many times when you are suffering from the flu you may develop cold-like symptoms that can include a stuffy and congested nose.
- Pepto-Bismol. Pepto-Bismol comes in both liquid and pill forms. It is known to help fight the nausea and diarrhea that comes with the flu. It can also help treat other stomach symptoms, such as indigestion and gas that come from over eating or as a result of a flu.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.