5 Best Paddles For Kayaks
The performance of kayak paddles are affected by its specific design, and looking through the following features of the 5 best paddles for kayaks will help you choose the right paddles for your next kayak adventure. Keep in mind that your level of kayaking experience may also influence your decision on which type of paddles to purchase.
- NRS PTR paddles for kayaks. This particular paddle is designed for the novice in kayaking. The paddles are lightweight and designed with a slight twist to accommodate the natural paddling motion. The high-impact plastic blades and aluminum shaft is a one piece unit. These paddles are quite reasonably priced.
- Werner Skagit CF IM 2-Piece paddles for kayaks. These paddles are a bit more expensive. If you are an experienced kayaker who prefers to adjust the paddles to your specific rowing style, then these are the perfect paddles for you. The carbon-reinforced blades are strong and durable. The ferrule is adjustable, and the feather can be changed right or left in fifteen degree increments.
- Bending Branches Angler paddles for kayaks. If you are one of the many people who enjoy fishing from your kayak, then you might want to consider the Bending Branches Angler paddles. They are available in both 230 centimeters and 240 centimeters in length. The glass shaft has a built in measuring tape so you can measure your fish as soon as they are caught. These paddles are found in most Cabela’s retail stores.
- Pelican 89-inch Poseidon paddles for kayaks. The unique features of these paddles includes the material of which they are made. The co-polymer impact-resistant material is reinforced with glass fiber. The Pelican Poseidon offers a two-piece construction with a quick release button. The paddles have a teardrop shape and are available at most sporting goods stores and online retailers for a good price.
- Caviness KR Series paddles for kayaks. The KR series offers a simplistic design for the beginner who is ready to work with adjustable paddles. The aluminum shaft extends all the way through the blade giving the blade strong reinforcement. The shaft can be turned and feathered to a 90 degree angle by simply depressing the spring-loaded button and moving the shaft a quarter turn. This is an excellent buy for a bargain price.