The 5 best Parker Posey movies demonstrate why she became enormously popular in the 1990s, and why her popularity continues today. From indie films to blockbusters, Parker Posey is as versatile as an actress can be. Her ability to portray a wide variety of characters is why she remains a favorite among movie-goers.
- “Superman Returns” (2006). The most high profile of all Parker Posey movies to make the list, “Superman Returns” stars Brandon Routh, Kate Bosworth, Kevin Spacey, James Marsden, and Frank Langella. Parker Posey plays Kitty Kowalski, Lex Luthor’s outlandish girlfriend and henchwoman.
- “Dazed and Confused” (1993). In this cult classic, Parker Posey plays Darla Marks, the ringleader of the upperclassmen girls who delight in torturing the freshmen. The film follows teenagers on the last day of school in 1976 and also features Jason London, Ben Affleck, Matthew McConaughey, Milla Jovavich, Joey Lauren Adams, and Anthony Rapp.
- “Waiting for Guffman” (1997). Parker Posey plays a Dairy Queen employee/hopeful actress in this Christopher Guest mockumentary. Also starring Guest, Catherine O'Hara, Eugene Levy, Fred Willard, and Bob Balaban, "Waiting for Guffman" is a hilarious depiction of Community Theater.
- “Party Girl” (1995). This is one of the independent Parker Posey movies from the 90s that helped her earn the nickname “Queen of the Indies.” She plays party girl, Mary, who is arrested for throwing an illegal party in her New York apartment.
- “Best in Show” (2000). The second Christopher Guest mockumentary to make the list of best Parker Posey movies, “Best in Show” is about dog show competitors. This film stars many of the same cast that was in “Waiting for Guffman,” and also adds Jane Lynch, Jennifer Coolidge, and Michael McKean. Parker Posey plays the wife in a yuppie couple that is entering their Weimaraner into the competition.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.