5 Best Paying Part-Time Jobs
The 5 best paying part-time Jjobs can be part-time or full-time depending on the amount of time the individual puts into the job. Today a part-time 20 hour job can pay as well as a 40 hour job and also provide health care insurance benefits. Below are the 5 best paying part-time jobs.
- Tax Preparer. As one of the best paying part-time jobs, tax preparers are able to set their own fee. Since thousands of people need their taxes filed every year a tax preparer's job will usually peak in the spring. However, if an accountant is the tax preparer, the client could maintain the accountant all year round as an accountant and adviser. Companies such as H&R Block charge up to $200.00 for their services while a tax preparer can charge up to $80.00 for services.
- Substitute Teacher. A Bachelors Degree is all that's required to become a substitute teacher which makes it another one of the best paying part-time jobs. As long as the background check and interview are passed a teaching degree is not needed. As a substitute teacher the amount of days worked can vary depending on the school situation. Substitute teachers are able to make up to $150.00 per day.
- Private Tutor. As a private tutor, fees can be set between the client and the tutor which makes tutoring one of the best paying part-time jobs. As a private tutor more attention can be given to the client for a particular subject such as general math or a test preparation exam such as the SAT. Companies such as Kaplan charge between $20.00 and $60.00 per hour whereas a private tutor can charge up to $80.00 per hour.
- Computer Technician. As more people become involved with working from their computers and needing updates and repairs, a computer technician has become one of the best paying part-time jobs. Technicians are able to set their own fees of up to $30.00 per hour and work as private contractors for companies as well as working for individuals looking for computer solutions.
- Copy Editor. A copy editor can work from home proof reading documents and make up to $100.00 per document which makes it one of the best paying part-time jobs. Fees can be based on the length of the document as well as subject matter. A copy editor is also able to help the writer brainstorm besides looking for spelling, grammar and formatting errors.