5 Best Pedometers For Running
Are you looking for the 5 best pedometers for running? There are so many pedometers on the market with a wide range of both functionality and price that it can be a daunting task to find the one best suited to your running needs. There are 5 pedometers designed to offer the best accuracy and reliability for both runners and exercise enthusiasts alike.
- Omron HJ-112 Digital Pocket Pedometer. This pedometer is capable of measuring aerobic steps, distance traveled, exercise time and calorie burn during a workout. Its dual sensor technology makes it functional when worn on the waistband, carried in a pocket or even in a bag. While you may not be running with a shoulder bag--it would work in a "fanny pack" should you opt not to use a security leash with the unit. It is a quality pedometer for walkers or runners alike and retails for less than $30 USD from most retailers.
- Omron HJ-720ITC Pocket Pedometer with Advanced Omron Health Management Software. The Omron HJ-720ITC shares much of the same functionality as the HJ-112 Digital Pocket Pedometer. It still accurately calculates aerobic steps, measures distance, maintains time and calorie data, and is functional carried in the pocket, a bag or as a traditional strapped pedometer. This pedometer goes a step further with its health management software which allows users to analyze blood pressure and heart rate trends over time.
- Tech 4 O Accelerator Men's Running Watch. For runners interested in being free of pedometer leashes or straps, the Tech 4 O Accelerator brings the functionality of a pedometer to a wrist watch. accurate readings of a user's speed, distance, and caloric expenditure via a simple wrist watch sensor, eliminating the need for funny looking foot pods or belt clips. While more high tech than many traditional pedometers, the Tech 4 0 offers 95+% accuracy in the calculation of distance and speed without the complications of GPS units. The unit automatically detects running vs. walking and calculates time, speed and calories accordingly. Users can even customize the unit to calculate based on a personal body and fitness profile for more tuned results.
- New-Lifestyles NL-2000. Useful for avid runners and even walkers alike, this pedometer is designed with functionality making it more suitable for accuracy and functionality with all body types. The New-Lifestyles NL-2000 has proven in studies to be both highly accurate and reliable, but does not offer a distance estimator as present in other pedometer models. It does; however, have an automatic reset function and is extremely lightweight, making it a convenient option for busy runners.
- iTreadmill. Okay, this is obviously not a traditional pedometer for runners. It is, however, a rather practical pedometer for iPhone and iPod Touch owners. The application is not free, but is available inexpensively through iTunes. It can be used to calculate steps, distance, time and calorie burn just as other traditional pedometers all while being carried and used as usual as an iPhone or iPod Touch. Additionally, it offers music, goal setting, and accurate pedometer functionality at a fraction of the cost without additional equipment.