If you are confused about what food to serve with a hearty but light dry red wine for dinner, try one of the 5 best Pinot Noir food pairings. Pinot Noir wine is made from grapes of the same name grown in Eastern Europe, the vineyards of California and Oregon, and makes an excellent dinner wine that pairs well with a wide variety of foods
- Wine and Cheese. For a wine and cheese party, serve Pinot Noir with a variety of cheeses like Camembert. Brie, Mild, Medium or Sharp Cheddar, Monterey Jack, and herb flavored cheeses. Pinot Noir pairs equally well with light and intense flavored cheeses.
- Vegetables. Pinot Noir pairs well with rich flavored sweet vegetables like bell peppers, tomatoes, red beets, and carrots. Create a mixture of red and green bell peppers with fresh green beans or broccoli, sautéed or caramelized onions, and sprinkled with walnuts or blanched almonds for a wonderfully compatible side dish for Pinot Noir.
- Meats. Pinot Noir pairs perfectly with a wide range of meat from lean to smoked meats. Lean meats that pair well with Pinot Noir are chicken, turkey, veal, duck, Cornish hens, beef, and pork. Pair Pinot Noir with smoked, roasted, or barbecued meats like beef, lamb, and pork.
- Garnishes,Herbs, Spices. Garnish and flavor the foods paired with Pinot Noir with sautéed onions, mushrooms, mustard, peppercorns, horseradish, or coriander. The best herbs to use with Pinot Noir are peppermint or spearmint, tarragon, thyme, rosemary, oregano, and basil. Sweet spice flavors that pair well with Pinot Noir are nutmeg, allspice, mace, clove, and cinnamon.
- Fruit. Pinot Noir pairs best with raspberries, blueberries, currants, black cherries, figs, and plums. Create an enticing dessert of ice cream covered in berries or fruit pie ala mode.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.