Learning about the 5 best places to kayak in Georgia is essential if you plan on visiting or living in the beautiful southern state of Georgia anytime soon. From the bustling Flint River to the serene Stone Mountain Park Lake, there are many excellent places to explore by kayak in Georgia.
- Flint River. Known for its energetic yet serene waters, the Flint River is an excellent place to kayak in Georgia. The perfect place to start out on the Flint River is under the Highway 96 bridge located just out of Fort Valley. If you plan on camping, fishing or resting near the river, there are many sandbars to choose between. Traveling the Flint River by kayak is perfect for all nature-loving enthusiasts as it’s remote and very scenic.
- Monkey Lake at the Okefenokee Swamp. If you’re an adventurous person, then the Monkey Lake at the Okefenokee Swamp is the best place to kayak in Georgia. This kayak destination is home to the American alligator and many other wild animals. Fishing from your kayak is allowed but be aware that alligators may rush your kayak while you pull in your catch.
- Betty’s Branch of the Savannah River. Betty’s Branch is a tributary located off the Savannah River approximately 8 miles north of Augusta. This best place to kayak in Georgia is perfect for beginner kayaking enthusiasts as it has serene waters and its location isn't too far from town.
- Stone Mountain Park Lake. The serene Stone Mountain Park Lake is located around Atlanta and has over 500 acres to explore via kayak. You’ll have to pay a parking pass as well as a park entrance fee, yet it’s well worth the cost as you can kayak the lake for as long as you please. Try and arrive in the early morning hours as it’s not too crowded then.
- Crooked River State Park. The Crooked River State Park is another one of the best places to kayak in Georgia. There are 3 different trails to choose between at the Crooked River State Park, including the Cherry Point 4 mile trail, the Harriet’s Bluff 6 mile trail and the Grover Island 8 mile trail. Dolphins, bald eagles and other unique critters abound in the Crooked River State Park, so keep your eyes open and bring along a camera for a few photo keepsakes to help you remember your trip.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!