5 Best Places To Kayak In Indiana
There are so many great paddling routes in Indiana, that kayakers shouldn't miss hitting the water at one of the 5 best places to kayak in Indiana. We give you the five best places to kayak in Indiana.
- Fawn River. This is a great places for kayakers who want to get away from civilization. Most of the river is secluded and the scenery is breathtaking. Being able to take a leisurely paddle without being disturbed by many people makes this one of the best places to kayak in Indiana.
- Marsh Lake. Kayakers, who are also avid bird watchers, should not miss kayaking on this lake. For a real treat, start here early in the morning so you can see all the different birds leaving their roosts. Being able to see many different kinds of wildlife while on the water makes this one of the best places to kayak in Indiana.
- Sugar Creek. This is a great place for a group of people to go kayaking. The creek is calm enough for the inexperienced, but there are enough small rapids that experienced kayakers will also have a good time.
- White River. This river should be left to the experienced kayakers, who often enjoy see coyotes and herons when they are on this river. The fast moving currents make this one of the best places to kayak in Indiana.
- Salt Creek. Kayakers are often surprised by all the beautiful scenery when they are on this creek. This is a great place in the springtime, because you can enjoy seeing all the stunning trees flowering. Being able to enjoy a clean and fresh environment makes this one of the best places to kayak in Indiana.
Posted on: Apr. 27, 2010