Acknowledging the 5 best places to kayak in Indiana is important if you enjoy the recreational activity of kayaking and plan on visiting the beautiful state of Indiana anytime in the near future. From the Falls of the Ohio to Lost Creek, there are many neat places to explore in Indiana via kayak.
- Falls of the Ohio. If you’re a city guy that hates kayaking out in the boondocks then the Falls of the Ohio is the perfect kayak destination for you as it’s close to civilization. Not only can you see several bridges along the winding river, you can also see the Louisville skyline in the distance. A small $2 parking fee is required, so be sure to bring along a bit of cash to cover the expense. The waters along this river are usually calm but can get pretty strong on windy days, so always wear your life vest when kayaking the Falls of the Ohio.
- Eagle Creek. The fast paced Eagle Creek is another one of the best places to kayak in Indiana. Along with featuring patches of flat-waters, Eagle Creek also boasts fast moving currents. Eagle Creek always has something to offer either beginner or expert kayak enthusiasts.
- Blue River. If you’re looking to escape city life and venture into a more remote location then the Blue River is the place to be. Blue River boasts lush green scenery, clean waters and an array of wildlife species to discover. Kayaking the Blue River is a must if you truly enjoy solitude and peace.
- Salt Creek. Salt Creek is another one of the best places to kayak in Indiana due to its scenic views, remote location and bountiful array of wildlife to be viewed, including the great bald eagle, graceful deer and creative beavers. Salt Creek also boasts calm waters making it perfect for solo trips.
- Lost Creek. If you really want to get in touch with nature while kayaking then Lost Creek is the destination to be. Along with a delightful array of trees overhanging the creek, Lost Creek also features gentle currents and plenty of wild animals to be viewed including feral pigs, alligators and turtles.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …