The 5 best places to kayak in Los Angeles are along the beautiful southern coast. Sea kayaking is one of the best ways to check out Southern California’s coastline. You may even find yourself paddling alongside marine life like dolphins, seals and sea lions.
Here are the top five places to kayak in Los Angeles:
- Marina del Rey. Stay within the marina and enjoy the boats and scenic views. Or paddle north and enjoy the white sand beaches of Santa Monica and Venice Beach. For someone new to kayaking, UCLA offers a kayaking class in Marina del Rey. Marina del Rey: 1400 Fiji Way, Marina del Rey.
- Redondo Beach. Redondo Beach Pier is the best place to enjoy the marine life. Sea lions live in and around the King Harbor, along with pelicans and several species of diving gulls. Venture out to the South Redondo surf line where the dolphins are spotted almost daily. Redondo Beach Pier: Torrance Blvd/Pacific Coast Highway, Redondo Beach.
- Alamitos Bay. Located across from the famous Naples Island Canal’s in Long Beach. Enjoy the calm waters and beautiful water front homes. There is very little boat traffic here. You can kayak to restaurants or park and enjoy the beach. Alamitos Bay: 5411 E. Ocean Blvd, Long Beach.
- Huntington Beach. Huntington Harbor is a great place for a calm, serene kayaking excursion. Take in the views of the beaches. Pull up to one and have a picnic. Enjoy the unique view of the beautiful homes and yachts along the channel. Huntington Beach Harbor: 16862 Pacific Coast Highway, Huntington Beach.
- Palos Verdes. Take in Malaga Cove’s breath taking rocky beaches. Travel north and take a break from paddling on the sandy beaches of this “secret cove.” This “off the beaten path” cove will provide a rare kayaking experience for even a Los Angeles native. Malaga Cove: 310 Paseo Del Mar, Palos Verdes Estates.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?