If you plan on heading out towards Michigan anytime soon and want to know about a few great places to explore via kayak, then you’re definitely going to need to know about the 5 best places to kayak in Michigan. From the beautiful Gemini Lakes to the remote Fox River, there are many breathtakingly gorgeous places to kayak in Michigan.
- Gemini Lakes. One of the best places to kayak in Michigan is at the picturesque Gemini Lakes. Featuring relatively calm waters, Gemini Lakes is the perfect destination for inexperienced kayakers. Be sure to bring along a camera to capture the many loons and snapping turtles in their natural habitat.
- Wilderness State Park. The Wilderness State Park is another one of the best places to kayak in Michigan. Boasting wide open spaces, breathtakingly beautiful views and calm waters, the Wilderness State Park is perfect if you plan on kayaking solo. According to Michigan’s Department of Natural Resources and Environment, the Wilderness State Park features 2,582 acres of natural area to explore and an approximate 4,492 acres of wilderness area to explore. If you plan on kayaking this destination in the wintertime be prepared to wear a wetsuit as the water can get really chilly.
- Fox River. If you’re looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city and spend your day kayaking in a remote, wild area of Michigan, then Fox River is the place to go. Be prepared to steer your kayak many times throughout as this particular river boasts a moderate current and many, many twists and turns along the way.
- Bald Mountain State Park. The Bald Mountain State Park is another one of the best places to kayak in Michigan. The most popular Bald Mountain State Park lakes can get pretty crowded so be sure to head on up to the northern part of Bald Mountain State Park and kayak Graham Lakes, as it boasts a far less crowded environment.
- Flint River. One of the most peaceful, beautiful and best places to kayak in Michigan is along the Flint River. The Flint River features calm flat-waters, lush vegetation and plenty of wild critters to view. Be sure to bring along a fishing pole as the fish are plentiful in this particular kayak destination.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …