Oahu offers many unique places to kayak yet there are really only 5 best places to kayak in Oahu. From the beautiful Kailua Beach to the peaceful Waimanalo Beach, there are many places in Oahu to explore via kayak.
- Kailua Beach. Crystal clear, tropical blue waters, scenic islands in the distance and a minimal amount of waves make Kailua Beach one of the best places to kayak in Oahu. If you’re looking for a peaceful, fun area to kayak, then the Kailua Beach located in Oahu is the perfect kayak destination for you.
- Hanauma Bay. If you’re looking for the perfect place to view Oahu’s exotic marine life while kayaking, including the ever popular green sea turtle, then Hanauma Bay is the place to be. According to the City of Honolulu, Hanauma Bay is not opened at all on Tuesdays and a $1 vehicle fee and a $7.50 entrance fee is required. Be aware that this particular kayak destination can get pretty crowded, so if you’re not a crowd loving guy, be sure to stay far, far away from this spot.
- Lanikai Beach. One of the most beautiful and best places to kayak in Oahu is at Lanikai Beach. With twin islands located in the backdrop, crystal clear waters underneath and a wide open Hawaii sky up above, Lanikai Beach is the perfect kayak destination. Plan on kayaking this particular destination during a weekday to beat the crowds that come plummeting in on the weekend.
- Waimea Bay. The Waimea Bay is another one of the best places to kayak in Oahu. Not only is this the perfect place to kayak, it’s also great for surfing, swimming and snorkeling. Be prepared to share this particular kayak destination as it can get pretty crowded, especially during the hot and humid summer season.
- Waimanalo Beach. One of the less crowded areas to kayak in Oahu, Waimanalo Beach features open Hawaii skies, tropical blue waters and an array of wildlife species to view. If you need a break from kayaking simply pull onto the soft sandy Waimanalo Beach shoreline for a little rest and relaxation.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
13 Pro Wrestling Tales Too Crazy to be True—But They Are!
Because the gnarliest stuff happens when the cameras are off.