If you’re a kayak enthusiast and plan on visiting Texas anytime soon then you’re definitely going to need to know about the 5 best places to kayak: Texas. From the Rio Grande River in Big Bend National Park to the San Marcos River, there are many excellent places to kayak in Texas.
- Rio Grande River in Big Bend National Park. If you truly want to experience Texas at its best then kayaking the Rio Grande River in the Big Bend National Park is a must. Beautiful canyons, slight white water rapids and unique wildlife abound in the Big Bend National Park. According to the National Park Service, a back country permit is required for all river use with day permits being free and overnight or multi-day river trips charging a small $10 fee. Be sure to plan your trip ahead of time to gain the best experience possible kayaking the magnificent Rio Grande.
- Neches River. The Neches River is one of the best places to kayak in Texas simply due to its environmental friendly atmosphere and remote location. While kayaking the Neches River, expect to pass through tall pine forests, around dense riverbank vegetation and on murky slow-moving flat waters. Be careful while entering this river as it features steep, muddy banks.
- San Marcos River. The San Marcos River is another one of the best places to kayak in Texas. Beautiful emerald green waters, lush greenery and an array of different animal species make kayaking the San Marcos River an absolute joy. If you’re in the area without your kayak, San Marcos River Foundation suggests TG Canoe Livery or Austin Canoe and Kayak as perfect places to rent a kayak for a day or two.
- Frio River. Located in the southern part of Texas, the Frio River boasts crystal clear waters, lush vegetation and white sandy beaches. This particular river gets bustling during the summertime, so if you hate crowds be sure to kayak this river in the late fall, winter and early spring seasons.
- Brazos River. The Brazos River is one of the best places to kayak in Texas due to its winding length, natural scenery and peaceful atmosphere. If you’re an adventurer and explorer at heart then the Brazos River is the perfect kayak destination for you as it’s always full of unique places and things to discover.
Taking a blow-up boat into the ocean sounds about as smart as betting on the Raiders, but inflatable technology has come ...
Texans like to define themselves by size. We learned long ago that everything is bigger in Texas (although you might get ...
Hollywood has taken over the world. That is a bona fide fact. With them, Hollywood has brought thousands upon thousands ...