If you enjoy the recreational activity of kayaking and plan on visiting Virginia anytime soon you’re definitely going to need to know about the 5 best places to kayak in Virginia. From Bull Run to the Great Dismal Swamp, there are many wonderful places in Virginia to explore via kayak.
- Bull Run. Located in north Virginia, Bull Run is the perfect place for beginner kayakers as well as one of the best places to kayak in Virginia. If you’re looking for a low-key destination to kayak then Bull Run is the place to be. Scenic views, moderate currents and a peaceful aura are just a few gems Bull Run features on a daily basis.
- Pocahontas State Park. Pocahontas State Park is another one of the best places to kayak in Virginia. According to the Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation, Pocahontas State Park contains a combined 174 acres of lake area to explore via kayak. Be aware that this particular destination can get quite crowded during the summer and fall seasons, so if you’re wary of crowds be sure to plan your kayak trip to this particular destination during the winter or early spring season.
- Cacapon River. If you’re the type of guy that enjoys viewing nature at its best, without all the crowds, then an adventure on the Cacapon River is essential. Along with sustaining large amounts of critters, the Cacapon river also boasts clear water, lush green forests and a remote destination.
- Great Dismal Swamp. The Great Dismal Swamp is another one of the best places to kayak in Virginia. Not only does the Great Dismal Swamp feature gorgeous scenery, it also features a unique array of wildlife to view and discover. According to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, the Great Dismal Swamp is home to the federally endangered red-cockaded woodpecker. If you enjoy kayaking serene, remote areas then the Great Dismal Swamp should be right up your alley.
- New River. Located in southwest Virginia, New River is one of the best places to kayak in Virginia due to its fast paced currents and breathtakingly beautiful scenery. Plan on kayaking New River in the afternoon as it can get pretty foggy during the morning hours.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.