A move to one of the 5 best places to retire in Arizona may be just what you need to enjoy the many non-working years of your life. Arizona has a lot to offer in terms of healthcare, activities and fabulous weather.
- Sun City, Arizona. This is a retirement community that offers sixteen shopping centers and a huge amphitheater. Golf is a primary activity in this area, with seven golf courses and three country clubs. A variety of housing options are available at a reasonable price which, in comparison to other communities, makes it a great place to retire in Arizona.
- Prescott, Arizona. This community, known for the Whiskey Row rodeos and various art museums, will keep any person as active as she chooses to be. Over a million acres of national forest provide hiking, boating and fishing for the outdoor enthusiast.
- Yuma, Arizona. Yuma is located near the California and Mexico borders, in the southwestern corner of the state. This is a prime location and a great place to retire for anyone who enjoys mountain views and vegetable fields. Yuma is known for its affordable housing and is also one of the cheapest places to retire.
- Mesa, Arizona. Mesa is the perfect place to retire if healthcare is an ongoing concern. Mesa is close to Scottsdale, which is home to one of the three main Mayo Clinic facilities. It offers a variety of city attractions, including theaters, concerts and museums.
- Chino Valley, Arizona. Chino Valley offers a rural type of lifestyle, with farms and ranches that provide horseback riding on well-groomed trails. The area is known for its clean air, pure water and good soil for growing flowers and gardens. Enjoy the natural beauty by watching the picturesque sunsets that appear over the open land. A great place to retire for anyone wanting to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Remember when Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman made all that noise—and news—before the Super Bowl? We had the story long before the season even started, trailing him all over Se ...