If you are looking for water adventure, then you need to know the 5 best places to river kayak in the U.S. Keep in mind that while some rivers are tame, others can be quite dangerous. For you adrenaline junkies, there are more than a few rivers to kayak to the extreme.
- Gualey River. Located in West Virginia, Gualey River is the best place to river kayak in the U.S. While on this trip, you will be too busy keeping upright to notice the scenic gorges and valleys. Even so, the Gualey River is a worthwhile adventure with several class V+ rapids.
- Upper Yough Sand Run. One of the best places to river kayak in the U.S. is the Upper Yough Sand Run in Maryland. A perfect trip for kayakers who are looking for a challenge, but can be dangerous to the novice. Many tree stumps lay hidden just beneath the surface of the water and if you go on a weekend during the summer, you will have to manuver around other kayakers.
- Rogue River. Nestled in the Pacific Northwest state of Oregon, Rogue River is one of the 5 best places to river kayak in the U.S. Not only will you have a moderately risky ride, but the Siskiyou National Forest is home to many other wild rivers, wild animals, and an incredible view.
- Westwater Canyon. Another one of the 5 best places to river kayak in the U.S. is in Colorado at Westwater Canyon. While it is popular and often crowded due to the nearby cities of Grand Junction and Salt Lake City, it is worth it. This trip is only recommended to serious, advanced kayakers due to the extremities of the eleven rapids.
- Russell Fork River. A Virginia favorite, Russell Fork River is one of the best places to river kayak in the U.S. Rated a class III-V+, there are rapids for those with moderate or expert kayaking expertise. It is a scenic trip and kayakers should beware that Russell Fork River is full of hidden pools and dizzying twists.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …