The 5 best products to use for acne scabs are not necessarily expensive. There are several great cost effective treatments you can use right at home. It is important to understand that acne is often caused by a bacteria and infection. Treating the infection helps the scab heal quickly.
- Start with a salicylic acid face wash. Wash your face regularly with this type of wash. The salicylic acid softens the acne scab allowing it to fall off quicker than normal healing time. The acid can also help lessen the appearance of old acne scars.
- Lemon juice softens scabs. Apply the fresh lemon juice directly to the scab with a cotton ball. The citric acid penetrates the scab breaking it down and making it softer. Rub the scab gently to help speed up the process.
- Tea tree oil fight bacteria and impurities found in scabs. Using tea tree oil will help kill any infection in the scab that may cause the scab to stay around longer. Dap infected area with the oil and follow with a light moisturizer to soften the scab.
- Acne scabs can also be treated with a baking soda paste. Mix water with baking soda to make a paste. Apply the mixture to the acne scab, rubbing gently. The rough mixture will break down the scab.
- Rubbing alcohol helps dry out the scab. Apply a little bit of alcohol to the infected area to dry out the other and help it flake off.
After the scab has healed there is often a dark mark left behind. Washing with salicylic acid and applying lemon juice will help lighten the area and bring the skin back to normal.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.