In a movie as chock-full of legendary quotes as Quentin Tarantino's super-cool masterpiece of grit, violence and comedy, "Pulp Fiction," it's difficult to pick the 5 best quotes from Uma Thurman. In the film, Thurman plays the charming crime-boss wife, Mia Wallace who memorably goes on a twisting date with lovable hitman Vincent Vega, played by John Travolta. In a now historical scene Mia overdoses on heroin and is brought back to life by a Travolta-administered adrenaline shot. Here are the 5 best "Pulp Fiction Uma Thurman quotes in a movie loaded with great lines.
- "I do believe Marcellus Wallace, my husband, your boss, told you to take me out do whatever I wanted. Now I wanna dance, I wanna win. I want that trophy, so dance good." After arriving at the retro rock 'n roll diner Jack Rabbit Slims, Mia learns that she and Vincent have stumbled upon Jack Rabbits' famous twist contest. Mia wants in and she wants to win. Vincent is reluctant at first but after Mia reminds him of his gentlemanly, and possibly life-threatening duties, he gives in and twists away in what has become an iconic Hollywood scene.
- "You can get a steak here, daddy-O. Don't be a (square). Once Vincent lays eyes on the exterior of Jack Rabbit Slims, he balks and wants to head to a less hokey place where he can get a steak and a beer. Mia doesn't budge and accuses Vincent of being a square with the help of some cheesy special effects that literally trace the shape she draws in the air to punctuate her sentiment.
- "Three tomatoes are walking down the street—a poppa tomato, a mamma tomato, and a little baby tomato. Baby tomato starts lagging behind. Poppa tomato gets angry, goes over to the baby tomato, and smooshes him… and says, Catch up." Mia had a brief brush with fame as the star of a failed television pilot called "Fox Force Five." In the "Charlie's Angels"-styled series, Mia played a knife expert who—hanks to her vaudevillian background— was set to tell a new, admittedly lame joke at the end of every episode. Since the pilot was not picked up, Mia's character was only able to tell one joke. Vincent begged Mia to hear it but she refused until after she and Vincent shared the extremely unpleasant and traumatizing experience of adrenaline-shot-revival following an accidental O.D.
- "That's when you know you've found somebody special. When you can just shut the f**k up for a minute and comfortably enjoy the silence." While eating dinner at Jack Rabbit Slims Mia and Vincent share a few awkward beats of silence as the conversation lulls. After a brief discussion and agreement about the distaste for awkward silences Mia wisely spins the situation into a more subtly romantic light.
- "Truth is, nobody knows why Marsellus threw Tony out of that fourth-story window except Marsellus and Tony. When you little scamps get together, you're worse than a sewing circle." Earlier in the film, Vincent and his partner, Jules, played by the amazing Samuel L. Jackson discuss a rumor that a fellow criminal named Tony Rocky Horror once gave Mia a foot massage which prompted Marsellus to toss Tony from a fourth-story window. Mia denies the allegations of the foot massage, and scolds Vincent for gossiping with his fellow hitman buddies.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
As Boogie Nights Turns 20, Here’s What You Didn’t Kno...
Fun facts about Paul Thomas Anderson, Dirk Diggler, Rollergirl and more.