5 Best Pumpkin Carving Ideas
Pumpkin Carving is a timeless Halloween tradition which is why you need at least 5 of the best pumpkin carving ideas. Pumpkin carving is great to do with the whole family or just a group of friends. Whether alone or with others, these 5 best pumpkin carving ideas will give you the best pumpkins in town.
- Carve letters instead of faces. Send a spooky Halloween message by carving ominous Halloween messages into your pumpkin. You can carve one letter per pumpkin or an entire message on one. Lettering your pumpkin will send a scary message.
- Light it up! Carve flames into the pumpkin and give it a scary Halloween vibe. To give the pumpkin that extra scary flair, place a road flare in the pumpkin and it will stay lit for at least 15 minutes. Tea tree candles are another option but should be monitored.
- Stencil the pumpkin. Use stencils to trace any design you can imagine onto your pumpkin. Witches, bats and ghosts will all give the pumpkin a Halloween feeling without carving the traditional Jack O’ Lantern face.
- Give your pumpkin a little personality. Carve the traditional eyes and mouth into the pumpkin but don’t stop there. Add yarn to the top for a wig. Use colored permanent markers or paints to give it a little dazzle.
- Infest the pumpkin with worms. No not literally, but you can definitely give the illusion. After carving the traditional face into the pumpkin, carve a hole into the top of it and hang gummy worms out of it. For the brave souls, fill it with real worms, if your stomach can take it.