The 5 best quotes from the movie "Blow" are smart, and witty lines which demonstrates how the entire film is well written. "Blow" the the true story of George Jung (Johnny Depp) and his rise in the drug world. In the 1970's and early 1980's George ran the biggest cocaine empire, and was responsible for the majority of blow being transported into the United States. The heartfelt and drama filled movie shows the personal and professional struggles of George, his family, and friends. The 5 best quotes from the movie "Blow" come from George, or his wise father Fred Jung (Ray Liotta).
- "Danbury wasn't a prison, it was a crime school. I went in with a Bachelor of marijuana, came out with a Doctorate of cocaine." – George Jung. One of the 5 best quotes from the movie "Blow" is a voice over the scene of George leaving his prison sentence. He gets sent to prison for trafficking marijuana, and meets a man who teaches him the ins and outs of the cocaine business. Before prison George only sold and trafficked marijuana, but once he got out his drug empire expanded into cocaine. The ironic quote from the movie "Blow" shows the only thing George learned in prison is how to illegally make more money.
- "Money isn't real, George. It doesn't matter. It only seems like it does." – Fred Jung. Throughout the movie "Blow" George often went to his father Fred for advice. One piece of advice Fred gives George is about how people put too much importance on money, when it means nothing. George was always consumed with making money, when he should have invested time with friends and family. Money comes and goes, but family and friends are there for life. One of the 5 best quotes from the movie "Blow" because it is advice everyone should hear at least once in their lifetime.
- "Throughout my lifetime I've left pieces of my heart here and there. And now, there's almost barely enough to stay alive. But I force a smile, knowing that my ambition far exceeded my talent." – George Jung. A heartfelt comment by drug kingpin George is one of the 5 best quotes from the movie "Blow." Since George is a drug smuggler, and dealer he often leaves behind friends, and family which wears on his heart. The honest and raw quote from George makes the audience understand another piece to his personality. He is too driven for his own good, and gives up happiness for success in an illegal business.
- "Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again, but life goes on." – Fred Jung. One of the 5 best quotes from the movie "Blow" is another piece of heartfelt advice from Georges' father Fred. In a witty manner, the quote is about how everyone will hit highs and lows in life. Even when George is on top of the drug game, there is an inkling things could be better, which makes George strive for the impossible. People on top of the world can be in the lowest point of their life, and that is an underlining message the quote from the movie "Blow" shows.
- "This is 100% pure Columbian cocaine, ladies and gentlemen. Disco shit. Pure as the driven snow." – George Jung. While George is describing his cocaine to potential buyers, he says one of the 5 best quotes from the movie "Blow." It is a smart and witty line, that brings a bit of humor into a drama filled movie. George was good at selling, and after hearing this line, all of the cocaine users wanted to sample his product. One of the 5 best quotes from the movie "Blow" because it is one of the most memorable since it was used in every trailer.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Speakeasy: Jonathan Banks
The Emmy-nominated Breaking Bad star talks Beverly Hills Cop, Wiseguy, sitcom work and his new flick with Danny Trejo, Bullet. Oh yeah, a few Mike Ehrma …