As these 5 best rap Christmas songs illustrate, holiday music is no longer the sole domain of old-time crooners like Bing Crosby and Andy Williams. Now we have the likes of Reverend Run and Eazy-E to add to our Christmas playlist, too. Grab some eggnog and a handful of tree-shaped cookies and get in the holiday spirit with the five songs below.
- “Christmas in Hollis” by Run-DMC As far as holiday classics, no other rap song even comes close to “Christmas in Hollis.” This was one of the first and it’s still the best rap Christmas song. It’s catchy, got a great beat and clean enough for the kids to listen to, too. You can’t say that about all the songs on this list.
- “Merry Mutha*ckin’ Christmas” by Eazy-E Case in point: this gleefully profane song by the late, great Eazy-E. As you probably guessed by the title, this is not a family-friendly Christmas song. If you’re throwing a party for an over-eighteen crowd, though, Eazy-E will most definitely liven it up. After all, any Christmas song featuring Dolemite is bound to be great.
- “Christmas Rappin’” by Kurtis Blow Years before even Run-DMC were rappin’ about Saint Nick, Kurtis Blow was on the scene spitting rhymes about that right jolly old elf. “Christmas Rappin’” is easily the grooviest song on this list and it makes for a whole lot of holiday fun. Like “Christmas in Hollis,” you can also play it around the kids without ending up with coal in your stocking.
- “Santa Goes Straight to the Ghetto” by Snoop Dogg “On the first day of Christmas my homeboy gave to me a sack of that Krazy Glue and told me to smoke it up slowly.” Ah, Snoop Dogg. Always smoking things. Usually weed. Sometimes Krazy Glue, apparently. We can’t advocate following his lead, but we can recommend this track as one of the best rap Christmas songs.
- “Ballin’ on Christmas” by Jim Jones Does the sample in this song sound familiar? That’s because it’s the same horn sample from the opening of Clarence Carter’s “Back Door Santa” that’s used in “Christmas in Hollis.” On one hand, that makes this song sound kind of derivative. On the other hand, we never get tired of that sample. Combined with sharp lyrics, it makes this one of the best rap Christmas songs.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”