5 Best Rap Songs December 2008
The 5 best rap songs of December 2008 are from popular albums that were released by the best rappers from that year. Every artist that produced the best rap songs of December 2008 managed to dominate the rap genre, and crossover into mainstream popularity. During the entire month of December 2008 all 5 of these rap songs were in the top ten on Billboards Rap Song chart. These rap songs may have been popular in December 2008, but their catchy sound and lyrics make them memorable to this day.
- "Live Your Life" by T.I. This popular December 2008 rap song features Rihanna singing a verse, and hook. In this December 2008 rap song, T.I. discusses his growth in life. He also gives a dedication to the American troops fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. This song leapt from #80 to #1 on the Hot 100, breaking the record for the largest vault to the top. One of the best rap songs from December 2008 because during the entire month it was the #1 song on Billboard Rap chart.
- "Mrs. Officer" by Lil Wayne. This popular December 2008 rap song features R&B singer Bobby Valentino and is about Lil Wayne's sexual encounter with a female cop. One of the 5 best rap songs of December 2008 because of the top notch lyrics Lil Wayne provides mixed with producers Deezle's infatuating beat. In December 2008 "Mrs. Officer" was in the top five on the Billboards Rap Songs chart for the entire month.
- "Heartless" by Kanye West. One of the 5 best rap songs of December 2008 because it is the perfect rap beat and the hook is like Broadway melody. This popular December 2008 rap song samples the title track of The Alan Parsons Project's 1984 album Ammonia Avenue. The rap song was released on West's popular album, "808's & Heartbreak" which used autotune in many of the songs. During the entire month of December 2008 "Heartless" was in the top ten on both Billboards Hot 200 and Billboards Rap Song charts.
- "Whatever You Like" by T.I. Released in 2008 on the album "Paper Trail," this popular rap song from December 2008 hit #1 on Billboard Hot 200 chart. The rap song jumped from #71 to #1 in the span of one week. T.I. accounts the leap for the new sound he took on for not only the song, but the entire album. One of the best rap songs from December 2008 because T.I. mixed his rap lyrics with a more commercial sound to make it appealing for mainstream listeners. The song's debut-week sales of 205,000 downloads were the best to date by a Rap track.
- "One More Drink" by Ludacris and T-Pain. Released on Ludacris' album "Theater of the Mind" this rap song is one of the best from December 2008. The lyrics are about getting drunk, and hooking up with ladies, which was a huge hit in the club scene. T-Pain brought his signature sound to the rap song which helped increase the song to mainstream popularity. During December 2008 the rap song was in the top five on Billboards Rap Song chart throughout the entire month. The music video for the rap song featured comedian Katt Williams, Big Boi of Outcast and D. Woods from Danity Kane, which helped drive the song to even more mainstream exposure.