The 5 best reels for fly fishing are well constructed either made of aluminum or graphite. The difference between a regular fishing rod reel and a fly fishing reel is that the fly reel stores your line, provides a type of retrieval for the fly bait of your line and has a smooth drag system. A solid quality fly fishing reel is essential to the sport of fly fishing. There are three types of retrieval systems: single, multiplying and automatic. Single action is the the most basic and common one used by anglers.
- Okuma Helios Fly Reel. This fly fishing reel is so versatile that it's available in five different sizes and works well for the beginner to the advanced angler. Features on the reel include a maintenance free waterproof drag system, multi-disk cork, stainless drag washers, 2BB + 1RB stainless steel bearing drive system, precision stainless steel spool shafts and a large arbor spool design.
- Sage 1201 Fly Fishing Reel. This unique reel converts into a both right and left handed in seconds. Considered one of the best beginner's reels, this unit features a include a smooth operating disc drag reel with a large drag knob that makes for easy adjustments. It also has a quick release locking spool which is needful when you're just starting out fly fishing.
- Ross Evolution Fly Reel. As one of the five best reels for fly fishing, this reel is of the highest quality and considered one of the most luxurious and expensive reels on the market. Features include a large arbors, lightweight durable reels, frames and spools constructed of machine aluminum and a drag system that is sensitive and precise. On the Ross Reel website they claim to be the #1 fly fishing reel company in the United States.
- Sage 1800 Series Fly Reel. Anglers give this reel top reviews, making it one of the five best reels for fly fishing. This reel is constructed of a lightweight aluminum, has a large arbor, ergonomic handle, quick-release spool change with a premium sealed graphite drag system. The reel is protected by a titanium finish for long lasting durability.
- Lamson Konic Fly Reel. If you want a zero maintenance waterproof reel, then look no further. It has a unique system that is a fully sealed conical drag that uses two flat surfaces for braking control. This reel for fly fishing designed with a system that seals the drag from the effects of moisture, salt and grit.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”