The 5 best restaurants in Park Slope, Brooklyn, NY, offer something delicious for everyone. Park Slope is a neighborhood in Brooklyn that is well-rounded, featuring casual dining establishments, as well as classy restaurants. Crime in this part of the city is low, for there are more people of the creative persuasion living here. There are numerous bars and restaurants, retail stores and several green, grassy areas where residents and visitors alike can frequent.
- Convivium Osteria. A casual dining restaurant in Park Slope, the Convivium Osteria is an award winning establishment, serving traditional Mediterranean cuisine. Originally opened in 2000, critics have called this top five restaurant "one of the most romantic and authentic restaurants in New York". Entrees served are a blend of old world recipes from Italy, Spain and Portugal. Pasta is homemade on daily basis, desserts are freshly baked, and the meats used are only from naturally raised animals. The restaurant features three different dining rooms – the wine cellar area, the farmhouse themed area and the historic Botega area of Barcelona. Dinner is served seven nights a week, and calling ahead for reservations is recommended. Convivium Osteria, 68 Fifth Ave., Brooklyn, NY 11217, 718-857-1833.
- Aunt Suzie's Restaurant. Another casual-style restaurant, Aunt Suzie's is known for its southern Italian and Brooklyn influences. Aunt Suzie's restaurant cooks the old-school Italian way, with a variety of spices, plenty of time to simmer and the freshest of ingredients. Choose from a wide variety of Italian dishes, sides, desserts, wines and more. Even if it's not on the menu, ask the chef's at Aunt Suzie's and they can make it for you. Aunt Suzie's Restaurant, 247 5th Ave., Brooklyn, NY 11215, 718-788-3377.
- Stone Park Cafe. A former grocery store with an attached wine shop, the Stone Park Cafe was first opened in 2004. Owners and also childhood friends, Josh Foster and Josh Grinker, turned this run down location into the casual American restaurant it is today. Rated three-stars by the "New York Post", Stone Park has been a hit with food critics, locals and tourists. This top five restaurant in Park Slope is equipped with a full bar, good-size dining room and a sidewalk patio. The Stone Park Cafe serves brunch, lunch and dinner, seven days a week. Walk-ins are accepted, or you can call and make a reservation for larger parties too. Stone Park Cafe, 324 Fifth Ave., Brooklyn, NY 11215, 718-369-0082.
- Santa Fe Grill. Looking for a laid back restaurant in the heart of Park Slope? Then stop by the Santé Fe Grill and order some authentic Mexican dishes and delicious drinks. One of their signature appetizer sides is the avocado fries, so be sure to order them and give them a try. Other menu items are also available for anyone who does not like Mexican food, including chicken entrees, salads and burgers. No reservations are required at the Santé Fe Grill, and their restaurant is open seven days a week, for lunch and dinner. There is no smoking anywhere in the dining area, or the on-site bar. Santa Fe Grill, 62 Seventh Ave., Brooklyn, NY 11217, 718-636-0279.
- Mango Thai. Offering free deliveries in the Park Slope area, Mango Thai restaurant is a funky dining lounge, with off-the-wall decor and music. This five best restaurant in Brooklyn features signature dishes like crab-fried rice topped with orange sauce; or a seafood stir-fry consisting of squid, mussels’ onions and roasted chili sauce. Order your food to be delivered, or come in to eat in their lounge or outside patio.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
We all love fine food—and the people who make it! Eats introduces you to those folks, taking you into the kitchens of all kinds of culinary luminaries. From BBQ to vegan, eco-frien …