Anyone who is their own boss should know the 5 best retirement plans for the self-employed. Self-employed people may enjoy the freedom of running their own business, but they may also think that they are missing out on some of the best retirement plans. There are retirement plans available for self-employed people, however, and some of them are similar to what a company may offer to their own employees.
- One option of available best retirement plans is a SEP (Simplified Employee Pension) IRA: This type of Individual Retirement Account investment works very much like regular one, with only a few differences. These include being able to invest up to $49,000, but being unable to use it as collateral for a loan.
- Simple IRA: A self-employed person might want to consider this as one choice in best retirement plans as it is easily managed. However, one is limited in how much he can contribute in a year, and again, they cannot be used as loan collateral.
- Individual 401k: Long considered one of the best retirement plans for those who work for other people, this plan is also available to self-employed people. Individual 401ki plans can be used when making loans.
- Roth 401k: This can definitely be one of the best retirement plans. Although contributions are not tax-deductible, withdrawals made after one turns 59.5 years old are tax-free.
- Keogh Plans: These are considered to be almost the same as any pension or profit sharing plan found in any organization or company, making them a good choice when deciding on the best retirement plans for the self-employed..
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.