Looking for the 5 best road bike tires before making a big purchase? With bike tires, it’s not like you can put them on your bike, ride a few miles and then decide you don’t like them. You can't just take bike tires back to the store for a full refund. That’s why we decided to do the hard work for you and provide you with everything you need to know about the best road bike tires on the market.
- The Continental Ultra Gatorskin Tire. Affordably priced and with great damage protection, these are possibly the very best road bike tires available on the market. They offer triple protection against the threats of the road, which means fewer flats and more riding time.
- The Serfas Seca Survivor Tire. This tire provides four thick layers of protection, making it virtually indestructible. The tires perform great on long distance trips and were designed to provide a smooth road riding experience. Best of all, these bike tires are lightweight!
- The Michelin Lithion 2. With extra puncture resistance and a silica-based tread, this is definitely a top quality road bike tire. These were designed for both racers and joy riders alike, with a smooth ride and great grip in mind.
- The Vittoria Open Corsa Evo CX. This is our pick for the best road bike tire for those who like to ride in the rain. They were designed with extra grip and a Kevlar 3D compound to help protect against rolling.
- The Vittoria Rubino Pro Tubular. The last, but not least, road bike tire on our list is another Vittoria. The rounded shape and capacity for high pressure fill up makes this perfect for those who like to spend a lot of time on their bikes. Even the sides of the tire are puncture resistant!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
10 Reasons Your Wife Is Unhappy in Your Marriage
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.