5 Best Road Shoes For Cycling
The 5 best road shoes for cycling all offer a lightweight shoe with good ventilation. Road shoes for cycling are made with stiff soles in order to help transfer power to the pedals. On many of these shoes a small rubber pad is placed on the heel as the only means for traction. Road shoes for cycling are not meant to be used for walking long distances since they do not flex or have much traction.
- Mavic Huez Cycling Shoes: A lightweight cycling shoe made with a seam free upper construction is one of the reasons the Mavic Huez is one of the best road shoes for cycling. This is a true performance shoe that will provide extra comfort in high performance races. These road shoes for cycling are made with an Ergo Strap closure system that gives 25% increase in strength over regular straps.
- Shimano SH-R240 Cycling Shoes: The Shimano SH-R240 is one of the best road shoes for cycling because they are made to custom-fit with heat moldable insoles that conform with your feet for extra comfort. A stretch resistant leather combines with 3D moisture mesh panels to give your feet added breathing room and extra support.
- Sidi Genius 5 Pro Carbon Shoes: The 5 Pro Carbon Shoes are considered the workhorse cycling shoes for Sidi. These are the best road shoes for cycling since they are now made with a millennium three carbon sole. This gives the sole of the shoe more rigidity for transfer. Pressure points are eliminated with the Arch Compression strap since it holds the shoe securely in place over the foot.
- Time Ulteam RS Caron Shoes: This great cycling shoe uses an exclusive Vibraser technology in the carbon sole's fiber so that the road vibrations are kept to a minimum and also to add extra comfort. To get the best power transmission a carbon composite sole is combined with a PVC insole to help give a low bio-position to the cycling shoe.
- Lake CX401 Road Shoes: To keep the climate of the foot at an even temperature, special fabric lines the inner shoe which continuously interacts with the climate of the foot, making Lake road shoes for cycling one of the best on the market. These cycling road shoes are made with a K-lite Kangaroo leather and a lightweight carbon fiber sole which conform to your feet and give you a comfortable ride.