Entries on any list of the 5 best rock albums will always debatable. Rock n’ roll is a genre that music fans take very personally. Whether it’s the primal rhythms, the towering vocals or the screaming guitar chords, everyone can find an aspect of rock albums that speaks on an intimate level.
- “Appetite For Destruction” – Guns N’ Roses. Straight out of the seedy bowels of Hollywood came this 1987 rock album, serving to give its contemporaries the kick in the ass they so deserved. Initially, the lead single “Welcome to the Jungle” didn’t get much airplay, but as word of mouth spread, rock fans were drawn to the pairing of Axl Rose’s menacing vocals and Slash’s brilliant guitar work. This rock album spawned multiple hits, including “Sweet Child O’ Mine” and “Paradise City.”
- “The Dark Side of the Moon” – Pink Floyd. Progressive pioneers Pink Floyd released this masterpiece in 1973, and it has gone on to become one of the best-selling rock albums ever. “The Dark Side of the Moon” is a concept album, tackling such weighty subjects as greed and mental instability. David Gilmour’s haunting vocal work on tracks like “Money” and “Breathe” is the highlight of this superb rock album.
- “Back In Black” – AC/DC. This 1980 release from Australian rockers AC/DC sits atop many music fans’ lists of the five best rock albums, and with good reason. It represented a new age for AC/DC, as it was the first of their albums to feature new lead singer Brian Johnson. The band picked up where they left off, and songs like “Hell’s Bells” and “Back In Black” have become legendary in the world of rock n’ roll.
- “Electric Ladyland” – The Jimi Hendrix Experience. Jimi Hendrix and his band had so much superb material in 1968 that they had to release a double album. The result was “Electric Ladyland,” a groundbreaking auditory journey led by Hendrix’s virtuoso guitar licks. This rock album’s climax is “All Along The Watchtower,” a song originally written by Bob Dylan. Hendrix offers a new take on the classic, turning Dylan’s music into something completely his own.
- “Hotel California” – The Eagles. One of the most influential entries on the list of the five best rock albums, this 1976 epic is the band’s first with guitarist Joe Walsh. The title track has become one of the most played songs in rock radio history, but the entire album is full of quality material. Other classic songs include “Life in the Fast Lane” and “New Kid In Town.”
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."