Choosing five best running shoes with arch support, can be helpful to understand the different types of support and different types of arches. Generally speaking, if a runner is looking for arch support it is because he has high arches. This can be seen by making a footprint with a wet foot on a piece of paper, such as a paper bag. High arches are demonstrated by the heal and ball of the foot being the most in contact with the paper, thus leaving a wet footprint with mostly heal and ball of foot area shown.
- New Balance MR993: This New Balance shoe is fitted with a neutral cushion which benefits high-arch runners who have pronation or gait issues. The MR993 offers stability, which can be great for those with weak or wobbly ankles as well. The N-Durance rubber sole is designed for long-lasting durability, and the insole provides shock absorption reducing impact on the joints.
- Nike Free Run +: This Nike shoe also provides a neutral cushion for those runners who have pronation issues and high arches. This Free Run + shoe was designed to be comfortable with and without socks by the manufacturer using fewer seams throughout the shoe design, and is made of a breathable mesh allowing more air circulation for comfort which Nike says provides a "barefoot-like fit and feel."
- Asics Gel-Nimbus 12: Though Asics is not the top-thought of brand by many who think primarily in brand-name terms, Asics running shoes are quite popular with serious runners. The Gel-Nimbus twelve offers a neutral cushion for pronation issues and high arches, as well as a lightweight breathable mesh upper that is supported by synthetic leather. The design for the shoelaces was adjusted to help prevent irritation, and the shoe features a removable Comfort Dry sock liner to help improve comfort and longevity of the shoe. In addition, the heel molds to the runners feet thanks to memory foam.
- Nike Lunarfly+: The Lunarfly+ runs a little less expensive than the previous four shoes, and also offers the neutral cushion ideal for pronation issues and high arches. The Lunarfly+ is built for stability, as well as to adjust for over-pronation. The breathable mesh upper portion provides circulation, ventilation, and enhanced comfort, while the sides of the shoe feature air vents to further enhance the ventilation features. The heel features a secure rear-foot feature, making the shoe less likely to slip off or slip up and down causing heel or ankle irritation as well.
- Nike Dart VIII: Nike is a popular brand with runners, especially those concerned with appearance. The Dart 8 is extremely affordable, about half the cost of the Lunarfly+ and about a third the cost of the other shoes listed here. The Dart eight features the neutral cushion, ideal for high arch support and pronation issues, as well as stability for those that need that extra secure and stable feel while running. The mesh upper portion provides circulation and ventilation, and the overall design features "strategically placed overlays" that, according to Nike, provide a sense of "lockdown" to add stability and security to the feet while running.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.