5 Best Running Shoes For Overpronators
The 5 best running shoes for overpronators can be a godsend to those who have flat feet or fallen arches. Those who have these conditions more likely than not also suffer from overpronation, meaning that their feet roll inwards when they walk or run. Which might not sound like such a big deal. But overpronation can actually put a lot of wear and tear on your feet, ankles and legs, especially when you run. The result can be some pretty painful conditions, like shin splints, Achilles tendonitis, and even bunions. Overpronation can even lead to knee and lower back pain. Fortunately, there are running shoes for overpronators that are specially designed to help correct overpronation. And here are five of the best.
- Brooks Adrenaline GTS Running Shoes. Like many running shoes for overpronators, the Brooks Adrenaline GTS models are motion control running shoes, which provide extra stability and added arch support, perfect for those looking for running shoes for overpronators. These shoes also provide extra padding at the heel, lessoning the stress placed on your feet as they pound against the ground while you run.
- Asics Gel-Foundation Running Shoes. Do you have flat feet? If so, these shoes might be perfect for you. These running shoes are best known for their cushioning, and will give you a smooth, comfortable run.
- New Balance 767 Running Shoes. Motion control running shoes are sometimes criticized for being too heavy, which can make it difficult to run as smoothly as you might like. But the New Balance 767 have been praised for having all of the support, cushioning and pronation control one expects in a good motion control running shoe, without feeling overweight or clunky.
- Saucony Grid Hurricane Running Shoes. Overpronation isn’t the only problem some runners have to deal with. If your feet tend to sweat or get really hot while your run, the Saucony Grid Hurricanes are made with a breathable mesh that will help keep your feet from overheating.
- Brooks Addiction Running Shoes. If you suffer from moderate or severe overpronation, the Brooks Addictions will give you plenty of stability and support. They are also known for their shock absorption, cushioning your feet as they pound against the ground.