The best running shoes for supinators must meet a variety of criteria. Because supinators tend to roll their feet outwards when running—rather than the more common inward motion—optimum shock absorption of the outer foot bones and arch is necessary. Luckily, there are a variety of running shoes on the market that will help correct this problem.
- Mizuno Men’s Wave Rider 13. This reasonably priced supportive shoe has a sock-like fit, so it feels like you are wearing nothing at all. The “wave foam” technology effortless guides your arch and therefore your gait, helping to enhance performance and speed. Surf’s up.
- Adidas Supernova Cushion 7. This running shoe scores high with supinators because it boasts great mid-foot cushioning; it’s wider at this area of the foot, resulting in a comfortable stride. The running shoe also has two heel plates that slightly overlap during running, making impact less noticeable and your run more stable.
- Asics Gel Cumulus 11. This running shoe offers a broad foot pad, allowing you to push off from the pavement easily. Bigger runners especially like this shoe because it features a memory-foam lining over the arch. Users also attest that wearing these shoes feel like they are wearing comfortable slippers. Who knew getting in shape could be so comfortable?
- Saucony Grid Cohesion 3. This lightweight running shoe works well for supinators due to its lightweight injection molded midsole. This supports the high arches of supinators as well as the heel. Wearers have also praised this running shoe’s supreme traction and grip.
- Nike Zoom Vomero+ 5. This shoe features no-sew overlays—this feature doesn't sound like it would be important, but it is. They provide a snug fit free of seams that help to minimize chafing, chapping and overall irritation. Stretchy mesh panels help to keep your foot comfortably locked down, while still allowing high arches to flex and stretch.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
13 Pro Wrestling Tales Too Crazy to be True—But They Are!
Because the gnarliest stuff happens when the cameras are off.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …