Although it’s a rare foot type, these 5 best running shoes for underpronators are not hard to find. Underpronators have a very high arch which results in shock traveling from the foot back up through the legs, rather than down through the pavement. These running shoes will ensure you get a smooth and comfortable run, every time.
- Nike Zoom Vomero-4. It’s no surprise that Nike shows up somewhere on this list. Nike manufactures many shoes for underpronators, but this shoe is recommended due to its highly durable cushioning: this running shoe actually employs air pockets (called “zoom” units) to ensure that shock is absorbed equally throughout the foot.
- Newton Running Gravity. It’s named after Sir Issac Newton, so how could this not be a great running shoe? Underpronators will love this shoe because it feels like you are wearing nothing at all—these weigh in at an impressive 9.4 ounces. When you foot lands, these running shoes release stored energy which helps to propel you forward when you run, therefore increasing performance. Cheers to that. Added bonus: this shoe’s laces are made of 100% recycled materials.
- Brooks Glycerin 8. This running shoe boasts “DNA Technology,” which easily adjusts when you change your stride or your pace. The mid-sole is also made of an environmentally-friendly material that breaks down up to 50 times faster than other running shoes.
- Mizuno Wave Rider 13. Rather than utilizing flat insoles, the insoles of this running shoe are suited to underpronators because they resemble a wave. This “SmoothRide Engineering” technology helps to guide your foot through its stride while reducing shock vibration. This running shoe also provides an ideal amount of stiffness, which is exactly what underpronators need. Surf’s up!
- Asics Gel-Impression 2. A high-tech gel cushioning system is placed at high impact areas for the ultimate in cushioning. Due to the arching nature of underpronated feet, Asics also provided rubber on certain areas of the outsole for increased comfort and durability.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.