If you are new to the Houston area and are looking for places to run, check out one of these 5 best running trails in Houston. Here is a sampling of Houston's many running trails, five of the very best.
- Terry Hershey Park. West Houston has several great running trails, and Terry Hershey Park is one of them. This Harris County park is located along Langham Creek and Buffalo Bayou. The scenic trail is several miles of paved asphalt, recently extended east to Wilcrest Drive and west to Highway 6. Terry Hershey Park is located in Houston’s energy corridor, near the intersection of Eldridge Road and Memorial Drive, south of Interstate 10.
- Memorial Park. Another West Houston trail exists in Memorial Park, just west of downtown and northeast of the Galleria. In fact, Memorial Park is often known as the running center for Houston. The three-mile crushed granite trail circles the park, and the golf course and park scenery make the run quite enjoyable. Experienced runners can try the harder courses through the thick woods in the southern half of the park. Known as the Ho-Chi-Minh trails, these are also popular with mountain bikers.
- Bear Creek Park. Northwest Houston offers a great two-mile loop at Bear Creek Park. The soft-surface scenic running trail is marked with mile markers, and the park provides water fountains and a public restroom. Bear Creek Park is located on Clay Road, between Highway 6 and Eldridge Road.
- Brays (Braes) Bayou Hike and Bike Trail. More than ten miles of smooth asphalt paths parallel Brays Bayou south of the Galleria and downtown Houston. The bayou bisects the distance from the Medical Center to the Astrodome. According to one "Run the Planet" contributor, the uniform terrain is more than offset by the carp and mullet, egret and cormorant at the bayou banks.
- The Woodlands. Northwest of Houston, about twenty miles from downtown, is a suburban community called The Woodlands. This scenic area in south Montgomery County boasts more than 90 miles of hike/bike and running trails. It is very easy to get lost in The Woodlands, so be sure to stop by a community center for a free trail map.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.