Whether you are a beginning trail runner or have been trail running for a while, make sure you check out the 5 best running trails in Los Angeles, CA. While Los Angeles is known for its rich and glamorous lifestyles, it is also known for many of its beautiful and unforgettable landscape sites. With so many beautiful beaches, buildings, and homes in this area, even on some of the calmest running trails, you are sure to witness the glamorous lifestyles. Whether you are interested in running trails fit for beginners, or you are more advanced and expect a longer run, there are plenty of choices to make from the 5 best running trails list in Los Angeles.
- Griffith Park to Mount Hollywood: This trail is known for not being too long, with a distance of 5.25 miles. However, it is perfect for any beginner. This is great for a run where you can also sight see the wonders of Los Angeles. Parking is free here and you can explore the Griffith Park Observatory before you begin your run. While you are on your run, you will be able to see amazing views of the city, breathtaking views of the landscape, and even see the Hollywood sign once you get farther into the trail.
- Strawberry Peak: This trail is set in the beautiful mountain side of Pasadena, CA, and has a distance of 10.2 miles. This is for more intermediate trail running, and it should take you around 3.5 hours to complete the trail. With breathtaking mountain views and the aroma of sweet wildlife around you, you are sure to enjoy every moment spent on this trail.
- Franklin Canyon Loop: This running trail is set right in the heart of Los Angeles. Here you will enjoy a 5.5 mile run on an incline that will give you views you never imagined before. You are sure to enjoy the wildlife that surrounds you, including eucalyptus trees, oak trees, sycamore trees, vibrant wildflowers, ponds with ducks, and small streams. This is another piece of beauty tucked away in the Los Angeles area, which will have you wondering if you are still really in the city limits.
- Westridge to Mulholland Loop: Enjoy this 3.7 mile run up the mountains in Santa Monica with breathtaking views of the city. On your way down during your trail running, view the beauties of the San Fernando Valley tucked away within the city. Take a break during your run when you get to the top, and see views from every angle in the observatory area.
- Hondo Canyon: See great views of the Pacific Ocean, Malibu Canyon, Las Flores Canyon, and the Cold Creek Preserve, as you run this fully downhill trail in the heart of Malibu. This running trail is 6 miles long, and will be an easy run for those of us who are beginners, intermediate, or expert level at running trails. No matter who you are, you are sure to enjoy the beauties hidden within this trail, while seeing breathtaking views of the sandy beaches of the Pacific Ocean.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.