If you live in New York City or are maybe just visiting and want to keep on top of your running, you will want to check out these 5 best running trails: NYC guide.
- Central Park – Central Park is, of course, one of the best running trails in New York City. Their is the 6 mile bike/run/walk loop or, if you are an adventurous type and love to explore, their are many other available trails that will surely give you a challenge.
- Battery Park and West Side – Battery Park and the West Side is a great running trail in New York City. It’s a great run along the water and perfect for sight seeing. Most people start at the U.S.S. Intrepid and Chelsea Piers and run down to end their run at a view of the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.
- InwoodPark and Fort Tryon Park- Inwood and Fort Tryon Park is one of the best combo running trails in New York City. These parks make a great combo trail run. There are so many trails that a runner can easily make up 7 miles or more. Also if you are looking for hills and want to make a good hill workout this is the place to go.
- RiversidePark– Riverside Park is the alternative to Central Park but still a great running trail in New York City. Riverside runs from 58th Street to about 156th Street which is a nice run along the Hudson River. The path is about 5 miles back and forth and will equal a good 10 mile run.
- Roosevelt Island– Roosevelt Island is another great running trail in NYC. Roosevelt Island is about a 3.6 mile run/walk loop. Overall, Roosevelt Island is a short, flat, and scenic run. Since the Island is between Manhattan and Queens, you get some beautiful views of midtown Manhattan and Queensboro Bridge.
Now you know some wonderful trails; go out, explore, and take in New York City beauty!