If you live in New York City or are maybe just visiting and want to keep on top of your running, you will want to check out these 5 best running trails: NYC guide.
- Central Park – Central Park is, of course, one of the best running trails in New York City. Their is the 6 mile bike/run/walk loop or, if you are an adventurous type and love to explore, their are many other available trails that will surely give you a challenge.
- Battery Park and West Side – Battery Park and the West Side is a great running trail in New York City. It’s a great run along the water and perfect for sight seeing. Most people start at the U.S.S. Intrepid and Chelsea Piers and run down to end their run at a view of the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.
- InwoodPark and Fort Tryon Park- Inwood and Fort Tryon Park is one of the best combo running trails in New York City. These parks make a great combo trail run. There are so many trails that a runner can easily make up 7 miles or more. Also if you are looking for hills and want to make a good hill workout this is the place to go.
- RiversidePark– Riverside Park is the alternative to Central Park but still a great running trail in New York City. Riverside runs from 58th Street to about 156th Street which is a nice run along the Hudson River. The path is about 5 miles back and forth and will equal a good 10 mile run.
- Roosevelt Island– Roosevelt Island is another great running trail in NYC. Roosevelt Island is about a 3.6 mile run/walk loop. Overall, Roosevelt Island is a short, flat, and scenic run. Since the Island is between Manhattan and Queens, you get some beautiful views of midtown Manhattan and Queensboro Bridge.
Now you know some wonderful trails; go out, explore, and take in New York City beauty!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
13 Pro Wrestling Tales Too Crazy to be True—But They Are!
Because the gnarliest stuff happens when the cameras are off.