Learning about the 5 best running trails in Phoenix is a must if you’re an avid running junkie that plans on visiting the beautiful city of Phoenix anytime soon. From the lush Reach 11 Recreation Area trails to the beautiful North Mountain Area trails, there are many great running trails to be found in Phoenix.
- Reach 11 Recreation Area. The lush Reach 11 Recreational Area running trails are some of the best running trails in Phoenix. According to the official City of Phoenix website, the Reach 11 Recreational Area boasts an approximate eighteen miles of trails. If you’re looking for a peaceful, environmental friendly place to stretch your legs, look no further than the Reach 11 Recreation Area.
- Piestewa Peak and Dreamy Draw Area. The trails at Piestewa Peak and the Dreamy Draw Area also offer some of the best running trails in Phoenix. The trails are perfect for hikers, yet they’re also great for professional running enthusiasts. The official City of Phoenix website reports that the Piestewa Peak and Dreamy Draw Area mountain preserves are open, undeveloped desert areas, so be prepared to encounter rocky terrain and rattlesnakes.
- Papago Park. The trails at Papago Park offer some of the best running trails in Phoenix. While the Papago Park offers many great running trails, the West Park Loop Trail remains the best. According to the official City of Phoenix website, the West Park Loop Trail is an approximate four miles in length and features a minimal 50 foot elevation gain. The Papago Park running trails are perfect for the beginner or inexperienced runner.
- South Mountain Park and Reserve. The South Mountain Park and Reserve is another place that offers the best running trails in Phoenix. If you’re looking for a peaceful, naturally beautiful place to run, look no further than the many trails offered at the South Mountain Park and Reserve. Be sure to bring along plenty of water when running the trails at South Mountain Park and Reserve as most trails are a bit difficult to tackle and often require a strenuous effort.
- North Mountain Area. The trails at North Mountain Area are considered some of the best running trails in Phoenix due to their natural beauty, location and challenge. While there are many great running trails offered at the North Mountain Area be aware that some are solely used for hiking purposes only. A great running trail at the North Mountain Area is the Charles M. Christiansen Memorial Trail. According to the official City of Phoenix website, this particular running trail is an approximate 10.7 miles in length and is occasionally used by runners, hikers and horseback riders alike.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Speakeasy: Jonathan Banks
The Emmy-nominated Breaking Bad star talks Beverly Hills Cop, Wiseguy, sitcom work and his new flick with Danny Trejo, Bullet. Oh yeah, a few Mike Ehrma …